Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Science~or lack of

I am working on getting my blog world a little more in tune.  We do so much and I want you all to read about it, but then the reality that my SUPERWOMAN POWERS aren't as SUPER as I think hits, and  squelches my longing for having this ROCKING blog that everyone reads!  sigh...Someday, someday I will get it in balance!

We have been doing some more experimental things lately which is super cool, but so out of my realm.  I don't do science, I don't like science, yeah it's cool and stuff but as far as how you break it down and understand how it does what it does, See I'm lost even with those words.  So with Buckwheat's curiosity and Jo's persistence we are attempting to do some Science ~ or at least do some cool experiments whether we know how they happened is a different subject.  (Always learning right?!)

Where would I go to find science stuff? DUH! Went to my fallback site, yep anything you want to find is discovered and kept safe for your viewing pleasure when you PIN it.  For more cool ideas on schooling at home or just cool projects follow me on Pinterest!
We found this milk painting on several sites and thought we'd give it a whirl.  You just add a little milk to a glass plate (yes we tired paper plates, didn't do anything!!!)  Add some food coloring and then a few drops of dish soap right in the middle and the soap creates a reaction in the food coloring and causes it to mix by itself into cool shapes and designs!  It was really fascinating to watch!
Jo and Buckwheat!  Loving life!

Swirling colors

Lil Peanut

See? So pretty!

Yep we even dipped coffee filters in the milky swirling colors
and made pipe cleaner flowers once they dried

The kids had a blast!  We even took it a step further and decided to capture the mixing colors on paper, so we quickly laid pieces of paper on top of the milk paint and the paper was then colored just like the milky creations! It was so fun and the kids had a blast.  Maybe experimenting is what Science is all about, not that we need to understand it all right now but that we try new things and learn as we go.  Science might be our new favorite subject! :)


1 comment:

  1. Is it odd that I love science? I don't know why, but I do!! What a fun experiment you guys did! I love it!

    ReplyDelete