Monday, April 8, 2013

Make It MONDAY

Monday seems to be a BLAH day! At least for me, it starts with Sunday when I realize that the next day is MONDAY and I have to get back to the grind stone.  I don't know why, it's not like Friday and Saturday are free of housework or responsibilities  I guess it's just the thought that you know it must get done and there's work to do and school to do and it all begins on MONDAY.  To make Monday a better day, we've decided to Make it Monday! Which is now going to be our make it day.  Yes, we will make something, whether it be an art projects, a pan of cookies, a volcano, or ice cubes, we will Make it Monday!  Monday will be an adventure and we will learn something by Making something (other than just a mess, although I'm sure it'll happen one day)!

So for our first Make it Monday Post~ we did an art project.  Found on the lovely posts of yes.... PINTEREST. If you aren't following me on Pinterest...........well, you should :).  There are so many cool art projects, intense, simple and awesomely creative on there.  Go Here to find some cool teacher art projects, we wanted ours to look like these with water colors and sun's
 First Step: Draw your picture with pencil, kids learned that it's easier to erase and you can redraw what you don't like.
 2nd Step: Trace your lines with black marker.  Or in Peanut's case, any color marker that makes you happy!


 Once your done tracing and adding textured designs you can water color paint your picture!


Jo was super thrilled, because she thinks her mother is lacking in the art and creativity department!  HA!  I just need to get over the mess department and my creativity is always flowing :)!  The kids had fun drawing their mountains and water and finding the colors they wanted to make on their pictures.  We need to get real water color paper, since printer paper isn't the best for this type of project.  I'll put that on my supply list for future reference. 

1 comment:

  1. Rad idea! I love it! I can't wait to see what y'all make so we can try too!

    ReplyDelete