Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Storms!

I've been feeling very "deep" lately.  I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders, the responsibilities I have as a mother and wife along with the financial responsibilities that come with being an Adult.  Sometimes it's hard for me to put on my happy face and act like life isn't beating me down.  It's hard to show my kids Resilience, when sometimes I feel I have none left. We've had a lot of ups and downs around here lately and I just kind of feel defeated at times.  So in my pinched nerve mending, hacking week (don't ask!) I've searched for light, a glimmer of hope among the turbulence we face in this life at times.

I went to that one person I know is always constant in my life...OK the one mortal person I know is always constant... my mother!  When I feel like I'm just about to give up or I feel like the stuff I'm doing is mundane and pointless, she always seems to know what I need.  I have NO doubt she was meant to be my mom because she is AMAZING in every way. So through my pity party and uphill battle my mother reminded me that these are the tough years, the years you struggle to make ends meet, the years of uncertainty and the years that mold you to make you who you are, and the years that make you the great "mom" that will one day be counselling her own grown children through their "Morton Salt" years.  My mom reminded me that my Father Heaven Loves me! He knows me and knows what I am going through, He is my ever constant and if I but put my trust in Him, I can make it!  I can climb the mountains and bask in the glorious view, before I begin to climb again.  Because truthfully our journey is not ever over we must continue to climb and grow, be molded and become the BEST we can be.  A very neat lady who was my Visiting Teacher via my Church told me that her mother would often ask her why she was praying that her trials would end because it would just mean that a new one would begin!  How true that is!  It seems like when you've weathered the storm, you look up to see something brewing in the distance.  So today I choose to follow my mom's advice and to look UP to He who is my creator, and His son who died for me!  Because through them I will be happy! Through them I will be able to take one whatever is in-store for me.  I am most grateful to have an amazing mother in my life who reminds me that I can Smile through the tears, that I can laugh along the journey, that I can be the best I can while doing hard things!  The choice is mine!  To be happy or sad, to be helpful or loath in self pity!  I choose to be happy!  I choose to LOVE! I Choose to make today matter!  So today I am going to take a step back, and just BE!

I ran across this quote from one of my favorite authors, a strong independent woman who wrote amazing works.  Louisa May Alcott! The quote seemed to speak to me, I guess because here at Chaos Creek that is exactly what I want to be, not afraid of what is to come, but grateful for the lessons it teaches me in getting to where I need to go.

I also am LOVING this song Every Storm Runs Outta Rain by Gary Allen right now!  

Point's to all this
1. It is our Choice!
2. my mom's Awesome and I am forever grateful for her experiences, knowledge and unconditional love, 3.We all have the choice to be happy and to make the most of what we have been given
4. Hard things STRENGTHEN US, they make us who we are, make us better people!
5. Be still and Know that I am GOD (Psalm 46:10)  He is there!

How are you learning to sail in your creek?

1 comment:

  1. "She stood in the storm & when the wind did not blow her away, she adjusted her sails."
    -Elizabeth Edwards

    You are doing great, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete