Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Well Hello again!

Well I am not MIA any longer!  :)  We had a bad bout of Pertussis and a long recovery followed up with a good dose of busy spring and crazy month of JUNE and the continual hack that we CAN NOT SHAKE!  It's been an odd year for us but such is life I guess.  And if you ask me, we shouldn't be sick for at least 5 years due to all the crud we've had this year :)!  Just throwing that out there.

So a lot has happened since I posted last.  For one thing my JO is turned 10!!! I can't believe that 10 years ago they placed her in my arms and I got to meet her for the first time.  She is my old spirit in a young body.  She is one of my best friends and someone I confide in a lot (maybe too much for her age, but not for her spirit).  I love who she is! I love the fire she has inside of her, I love that she has her own opinion and her own way of doing things.  Sometimes I don't love that she argues so much, but secretly I do because I know she fights for truth and right and doesn't let others tell her how she feels!  She is beautiful inside and out and I couldn't be more proud of who she is!  HAPPY 10th MISS JO!  I love you!

We had a baby COLT!  On May 14th our Red Roan gave birth to a spunky, scrawny little Colt.  It is our first baby horse and He is OH SO FUN!  He's packing on the pounds now and doesn't look so silly and awkward.  He is running and crazy and thinks he's as big as his mama!  We finally found a name for him, CHIEF!  Little Chief the baby palomino!  Baby horses are the best! And mom is doing great, for being a first time mother she is protective and instinctive and knows just what he needs.




Other things that have been going on around here.....work, farm, work, water, work, farm, work, water, school, school, school.... :) Yep that about sums it up!  We work from dawn til dark then somewhere in between we find time to do everything else.  I've decided that being busy is better than not being busy at all because when I start reducing my responsibilities in one area I start increasing them in another. Oh well, C'est La Vie! 
I've also discovered my time management skills are much better when my plate is filled.  I seem to better manage my time and keep my priorities straight.  I guess that's the exchange! So here's to my planner app and all the things I have down for the weeks and months to come and all the things I am accomplishing :)

GARDEN!  Yep it's got planted this year, My Grandma helped me put it in this year because she sold her house so she wasn't planting anything and had some plants already started, so she shared and helped me get it all planted.  We planted tomatoes and watermelon, beans, peas, tomatillo, radishes, cilantro, squash, zucchini, Cherry tomatoes, carrots, lettuce and spinach.  Also planted the flowers, killed weeds in the lawn and on the sides of the house and planted some herbs in pots.  It was fun this year!  Last year I skipped the garden (which was ok).  And the year before that with a 2 year old the garden wasn't as fun, but this year the kids were excited and are loving it. We got our first cherry tomatoes, the weather has been a scorcher and we've had awful dry winds so it's been a task to keep the garden properly watered.  Not that I have a green thumb anyway so this weather hasn't exactly been my friend. 

I got a new niece!  We were so sick that I didn't get to see her for a whole MONTH!  But finally  we got to Meet Baby M!  Oh she's so precious and so sweet! And those two sisters of her's are eating her up!  I think my brother is one lucky dude to have so many beautiful women in his life :)!


We went to the cabin!  YAY!  It's so close to home so we don't spend the night much anymore but it's so fun to go up for the day!  We had Jo's party and played cards, ate ribs and potatoes and went on a four wheeler ride!  Always nice to get away even if it's for a moment.  

Summer is here, it's hot and dry, I won't wish it away because it will come soon enough.  I wish however that I could enjoy it longer because soon enough school will be back in session and "life" begins.  I love the feeling of Summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment