Monday, April 7, 2014

Teriyaki Turkey Burgers

In a effort to feed the family in a healthier fashion, we've been trying  a few different things.  We raise beef - we eat beef - we eat more beef- we sometimes feel like NOT eating beef!  Our beef is grass fed, very healthy and we know what goes in it so I never worry about store bought stuff and I am very grateful for that!  I don't remember the last time I bought beef related products at the grocery store.  But in an effort to not ALWAYS eat BEEF we are broadening our horizons and trying new things.  I haven't been a huge fan the the turkey burger, it's very bland and doesn't have a real strong flavor when cooked ,but this time we kicked it up a notch and it was FABULOUS! These Teriyaki Turkey Burgers are a must try!  They have graduated to our DO EAT list and we are trying more things with turkey burger.  They were super simple to make and the turkey when seasoned properly is really tasty!
Grilled Pineapple...YUM!
As you can see, I just grilled them up on our cast iron griddle right on the stove top.  I seasoned the turkey with garlic salt and pepper and I added a little bit of Italian bread crumbs as well. I grilled the pineapple first, then Patti-ed out the turkey burgers and grilled them up.  We topped them with teriyaki barbecue sauce, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, and of course the pineapple and devoured them!  EVERYONE loved them!  Seriously a must!  I can't wait to get the BBQ fired up this summer and make these with some corn on the cob. DELICIOUS, EASY and Healthy!  
What's your favorite thing to do with turkey burger?


No comments:

Post a Comment