Sunday, April 6, 2014

The FIRST one ~ twenty

She was the first, yet I didn't watch her first step or stay up with her when she was a baby. No, our firsts were different.  Our firsts started at age 8 when she became my little buddy, greeting me eagerly on weekends we had together, letting me dress her and curl her hair.  She was the first little girl, she was the first one I stayed up late with, the first one I made an Easter dress for, she was the first one I waited up for when the dating began, the first one I sent to school, she was the first one I took prom dress shopping and car shopping, she was the first one I taught to drive, the first one that made me laugh and cry, she was the first one that I worried and wondered about, the first one to move in and move out, the first to make me proud as punch, the first to get a job, the first to have her own room, the first one in braces, the first birthday cake I ever made anyone, the first one to wear makeup, the first one that I learned from...the first one.  She still is, the first one!  I can't believe 12 years have come and gone.  20 seemed like a very distant thing when we were having all these firsts together. I'm crazy grateful for this FIRST ONE!  She makes me laugh, we've had some great moments, some sad ones, some crazy ones and some awesome ones.  Happy 20! To the FIRST ONE!  I love you.....to the moon and back (mostest)! 
20 years old!
Dresses and Dances

                           

Mexico

My Little Maid of Honor

Rodeo flag 
 
Quote for adoptive parents wall vinyl decal I didn't give you the gift of life decal
I didn't write it....but I LOVE IT! Life gave me the gift of YOU!
                             
7th grade

First deer 

No comments:

Post a Comment