Monday, September 23, 2013

Give Me Food......and FIVE Kids Please!

So, I've been thinking a lot about this Blog and about what I want out of it and what I want it to be about.  I don't really just want to be a Homeschool blogger, because, yes Homeschooling is a HUGE part of our lives or is it, our lives are  HUGE part of Homeschooling?  Do you see the dilemma? Homeschooling is life it's what we do everyday 24/7 not just the "school" hours.  Learning happens each day whether we planned it and studied it or whether we took our 79 year old grandmother to lunch for the afternoon.  It's all life, it's all learning and everything is incorporated in it.  We are REAL people, we have good days, bad days, food days, no food days (only when I decide cold cereal sounds better than actually cooking something), sad days and exuberant days! Which made me think more about what I blog, and really I just want to blog about EVERYTHING, recipes, homeschooling, things I love, things I hate don't love.  Blah blah blah!  So with that, I'm just gonna be me and Blog about whatever makes my heart happy or sad or hungry at any particular time. This post....Happy Heart, Hungry Heart! :)

This past Saturday we had breakfast as a family!  I know, you're thinking..."Okay, that's really Cool... not!" but it really is, we have 5 kids, 2 of whom don't live with us all the time, you know they think school and jobs are all important and stuff, so we don't get to see them as much as we once did, or as much as we'd like to!  Saturday morning I made breakfast and all SEVEN of US sat and consumed it TOGETHER!  AHHH nothing makes a Mama's heart happier than having all her children together and enjoying something.
TRUE LOVE!


And to go along with our MAKE IT MONDAY theme ~ Here is what we MADE to eat!
We had overnight french toast with caramel syrup and Ham cups, and OJ don't forget the OJ!  Delicious, delightful and the perfect way to start a Saturday!  We are going to start planning at least monthly meals together, as they each get bigger it seems harder to get them all together, so making time now and planning things is important to me, (I think this is what they call a TRADITION :)).....and them! :)
All ready for the overnight refrigeration! 
And there you have it!  Food and Family....NEED I SAY MORE?!


What do you like to do with your kids? What TRADITIONS do you have?


No comments:

Post a Comment