Sunday, September 15, 2013

Under the tree, out back

      My kids have a super boring Mom!  I like things done a certain way, I like to teach inside at the table with my supplies, and I like them to all listen, and answer questions, and to........... BE STILL!  Yes it's that visual learner in me and the commotion my kinesthetic learners want to display can make me have to take very         slow         deep            breaths        alll            day                 long.  :) But with a new year comes new habits and this mom is trying to become FUN and step outside of the box. So the other day we were sitting in the kitchen working on our school stuff,  and all the sudden I said (ME!  It was my OWN idea!) "Do you guys want to do this outside?"  They all stopped and starred at me and then began jumping for joy, whooping and hollering!  We grabbed our white board, marker, books, binders, a blanket and ...........an  umbrella.  Yep it was looking a little overcast and getting wet really wasn't in my "outside of the box" mentality (baby steps, baby steps).  So out we went to learn about God and trees, and how knowledge is all tied together.  Right there under our own tree in our own backyard with a little sprinkle and the kids being so excited I thought they would burst!  That was our experience the other day and it was one I don't think I will ever forget!  The memories we are building, the light bulbs going off in their little brains, their laughter and excitement.........it all makes me love this journey more than I ever thought I would or could!

      The next day ~ no we didn't do school outside, but we did eat lunch under that same tree with the same umbrella because it was indeed sprinkling again.  And the kids played and I took a little nap and listened to them giggle in the rain and we just enjoyed being together.  No phone, no distractions, just me and these three little monkeys who are becoming my very best friends and very best friends to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment