Monday, September 30, 2013

Roasted Chicken

I love this rotisserie chickens you buy at the store.  You know the one's that have been sitting for hours under the heat lamp.  The one's that are probably made from hormone injected chickens.  I don't love that part!  I just love that it's DONE, it's prepared and all I have to do is shred and eat or add it to whatever we are eating.  I love that they are tender and their flavor is good.  So I found some Organic, yes ORGANIC, whole chickens on sale for $5.00 each!  So I snagged two up and thought I'd give this whole chicken thing a whirl.  Now they weren't rotisserie but they were roasted :)!  I found the recipe, yep Pinterest, DUH!  You can also find it here.   My chickens were a little larger than the recipe, and I may have forgot to put them in the oven at 3:00 when I had planned to.  Due to husband errands and laundry, they got in the oven at 6:30......which meant I was waiting up til 11:30 pm to get them out.  Oh but no!  They were larger you see and ended up getting done at 2:30 AM!  WOWSERS!  I would recommend starting sooner than that ;)

Don't they look LOVELY?!

The end result was Fantastic!  I used them in some tacos, sandwiches, soups, etc. They were moist and fell off the bone and had great flavor.  The onion in the chicken did a lot of good too and the rub was great!  I will totally be doing this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment