Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Welcome 2014!

I hope you're ringing in the New Year with a BANG!  We are planning a shin dig with my cousin and her littles.  Food, games and fun!  I have had a few quiet moments to do my "planning retreat!" and I've found that it may take longer than just one session, perhaps a planning month is more my style.  I am planning meals (loose meal plans, I've discovered I don't like things to be too set in stone....funny the things you learn about yourself as you get older.) I've thought a lot about my word......My one word goal for 2014 is:

ACT
Are you EXCITED?!?!?!  I really like this word.  It can mean so many different things.  You can ACT appropriately, you can ACT your age, you can ACT when something difficult is thrown your way.  You can ACT up, you can ACT out.  Act, just a smalll simple word yet it's meaning is so deep.  My Jo recently came home from church and showed me a very inspiring video.   "Only a Stonecutter" is a powerful video clip about the faith and persistence of one man.  Regardless of your religious affiliation, his dedication and determination are unlike anyone I've ever met!  I encourage you to watch it!  This is the main reason I chose the word ACT.  In the beginning of the clip the son says that there are two kinds of people in the world those that act and those that are acted upon! ...............WOW!  

I won't give the rest of it away, seriously watch it!! It's AMAZING!  For this reason, I choose to be a kind of person that acts!  I want my children to remember me as the mom who did her best, worked hard and made every moment count. ACT....I want to act on the promptings and stirrings I have to help others.  I often feel the need to call someone or write a letter or drop something off but I neglect these feelings and just let my own busy-ness get in the way.  I want to ACT first, and by doing so I hope to have less busy-ness and more I'm so glad I did's.  Act.....when life get's rough I want to ACT, I don't want to sit idly by or wish I would've done something to make the situation better.  For instance I have been trying so hard to be a morning person, it. just. doesn't. work.  I will keep trying however, but when my night owl is bursting at the seams to get out...I'll let it out and make the most of it.  By doing things that are productive and bettering my self, my family's life, maybe even filling my bucket so I can better serve and do and help those around me.

I don't know about you, but my TO DO LIST keeps growing.... but I'm not going to let that get me down.  I'm going to love that I have stuff that needs done, love that I can keep improving, keep plodding along and making progress.  I WILL ACT in 2014!  In Lieu of pictures....(because my google plus isn't allowing me to upload any at the moment HAHA!) I found a bunch of really cool quotes on my favorite pinning place that are all about ACT!  Enjoy ~
Patience is how you act while you’re waitingactActEen Plan van Aanpak werkt pas als je het gaat doen!Act, Show, Prove

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. -Emelia Earhart


No comments:

Post a Comment