Saturday, August 17, 2013

My BIG Surprise!

So my birthday was a few months ago.  Generally we usually play it very low key, we might go out to dinner or something (I'm kind of an introvert and do not like to draw attention to myself especially in public places).  My Hot Hubby usually tells me happy birthday and we might have a few family members over.  Nothing too fancy right!? In all of our almost 11 years of marriage I don't recall ever being surprised by a birthday gift.  Partly because I don't really do the surprise thing, if I want stuff for Christmas or my birthday I usually purchase it myself and wrap it up... yeah I'm a lot of fun eh!? HAHAHA!  This year I was REALLY SURPRISED!  You see Hank bought me something really cool!!! And I had no idea!!!

THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Okay you might be thinking.......you wanted a piece of crap truck?  NO NO NO, it's so much more than that! I've ALWAYS wanted a FORD HIGH BOY!!!! This truck is awesome because I've driven it before! My Best Friend in High School and I would drive this truck, sitting side by side (because it has no power steering) so we could maneuver the truck to go where we needed to go!  THIS was the 2nd best birthday EVER! (Did I mention we got engaged on my 20th birthday? yeah that one takes the cake!!)  Funny story: My brothers were in on this little surprise and so was our oldest son.  So my brother mentioned the surprise to my mom, and my mom.....well let's just say she's not really into vehicles ha!  She asked with a little concern in her voice "Is She going to be HAPPY about this surprise?"  LOL!  My bro's and My hubby knew just how STOKED I would be to have this truck be mine!!!!  YES, we have a lot of work to do, we need new fenders and a tailgate............and an engine.  I want to drive it!!!!!!!!  I know it'd look awesome as a flat bed, I've been told that a hundred times.  But the problem I foresee is that when you go grocery shopping in your pimped out Ford Highboy flatbed you have to tie the groceries down, "Ain't nobody got time for that!" :)  I just want to keep the contents I place in the back, IN the back.  So it will remain a truck bed.  I haven't yet decided on a color, leaning towards a pearl white at this point but the painting is not going to happen anytime soon so we'll save that decision for another day. The best part is, we've had so many people ask about the truck, want the truck and one guy was even willing to give cash right then for the truck!  Hank just smiles and says "That trucks not for sale, it's my wife's"!  AHH!  I love that guy more than he'll ever know!  So this is my Big Surprise and this is my new Truck!

Do you have a favorite surprise story?  Maybe a surprise that was kind of a shocker?

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment