Thursday, August 1, 2013

My Summer Lovin'!

If you know me, you know I hate don't really care for the HEAT!  So for me summer is really fun and exciting until about........... oh say Mid June...... or anything after 78 degrees.  Yeah I'm a BIG HUGE FAN of the FLUFFY WHITE STUFF the FREEZING COLD, the FIRE'S, long sleeves, pants, cute boots, all that jazz!  Oh just talking about it makes me SO EXCITED!!  Any way ( I know all you summer freaks are cursing me for wishing for cold weather...mwahahahahaha!) I try to enjoy the parts of summer I do love.  Like: Farming, changing water, the garden growing (NO! I don't like weeds or weeding or anything like that!), keeping track of the cows on the mountain ground, the freedom you feel in summer, the longer days (although I despise that about summer as much as I love it), the windows open and the cool breezes, firepits, BBQ's, baby animals!  All of those things make me Love Summer! Here are a few highlights from our Summer Lovin!

We did swimming lessons!  I don't swim, I don't really like water (unless I can touch the bottom of whatever it is) my mom doesn't swim nor does my grandma so I was pretty convinced that sinking was in our genes and I thought swimming was just something we weren't going to ever master.  BOY WAS I WRONG!  Okay I know we are far from mastering it, but these darling gals taught my kids to "swim" this summer!  Private lessons are the best and my kids can stick their heads underwater without having to hold their nose!!! (ARE YOU IMPRESSED???!!!! CAUSE I AM!!!) Buckwheat can swim the whole length of the pool and is now working on his back stroke, yeah that's like swimming backwards (heaven's I can't doggy paddle forwards!) LOL!  Jo was really unsure at first but she's come leaps and bounds (she had to plug her nose the first couple lessons and now can swim without plugging it) and is doing so well with holding her breath and she can just about swim the length of the pool, she's learning back stroke too!  Little peanut (she's been out a few days due to swimmer's ear :( Poor baby) is an expert floater and is doing great with her super man's and ice cream scoops!  So......perhaps sinking isn't genetic. And my little people are now FISH! :)

Peanut and her googles!











Buckwheat making waves!
We partied at the Rocking J Ranch BBQ!  Face Painting, a mechanical Bull, cotton candy, Yummy food, petting zoo, and Fireworks!  Yes our Neighbor is AWESOME!!!  

Fast little cheetah!
                  
Cute Pink TIGER! RARRR!

Orange tiger eating Pink cotton candy!

Yes! Cheetah's ride bulls!

Baby pygmy goats
She's one tough cookie!

"Mom can we get one?"




Peanut taught herself to ride a two wheeler! And now she thinks she should ride EVERYWHERE! As in far away places like her grandma's house (the one that lives 15 miles away!) LOL! Oh she's a HAM!
Peanut got Super Singer and learned to ride a bike all in one day!
JO did two 4-H camps this year with her friend.  She did cooking camp and learned to make muffins and breads, and she also did a cake decorating camp! Super fun! She's even made bread sticks for the whole family a time or two!  

Jo and her Owl Cake!
That's just a taste of what our Summer Lovin' has been like!  More to come!  
What have you done to make your HOT MONTHS worthy of SUMMER LOVIN'?


Stay Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment